The faculty member may be given a paid compassionate (casual) leave solely for any one of the reasons listed below, subject to its documentation within 10 working days:
- 5 working days in the case of marriage;
- 15 working days in the case of paternity;
- 3 working days in the case of death of spouse, children, parents or siblings;
- Up to 10 working days in the case of a natural disaster affecting his house or properties;
- For religious holidays that are not official public holidays, leave amounting to 3 working days in total shall be permitted annually.
Moreover, faculty members may request additional professional and personal leaves up to 12 days a year. These additional leaves are subject to approval by the respective Dean and must be reported to Human Resources Directorate through HR online system.